Never let it be said that Robocop is a bad movie.

I've been on another docu kick, including When We Were Kings (a film full of amazing characters, esp. Ali and Norman Mailer - who both have a tremendous way with words), Why We Fight, every Errol Morris film that I haven't seen (Mr. Death felt comparatively clumsy and unnatural, but Gates of Heaven was what-a-film) and Woodstock: Three Days of Peace and Music (split screens, Santana drum solos, and "bad acid" PAs go wonderful together).

I saw Serenity (Firefly movie) again, and I like the cinematography a lot. It's creative and engaging.

I also realized that I have to stop watching emotionally raw films when I'm sickeningly tired. On a related note, Nobody Knows (Dare Mo Shiranai) is a gripping film. Raw, quiet, and with more and more touches of realism (the children age!). This was a great movie to pull me out of a documentary phase. Now it's back to the world of things not so difficult to interpret...

1 comment: