Having launched other projects and such, this blog has been lacking. Time for a brief media update:
new Star Trek: I really liked this, even as a (non-dedicated) fan. There were a few occasions of predictability, a few groan-worthy throwaway gags, and 2 or so odd plot oversights, but the movie was otherwise - and even during those moments - engrossing. Fun, funny, actiony, flowy, fan service-y. Character catch phrases were integrated well, which I appreciate. Also it's been a while since I've seen a movie with visual components as awesome as this one; truly, it was nothing short of crippling.
American Dad: Since the days when I saw the premier of this show, I've learned to not expect perfection from even the best TV shows and not to judge series by their 'piloting' episodes. I have started watching this series again, and I take back anything I might have said; it is surprisingly quality. At least to me, Family Guy often fails to be funny, interesting, or entertaining, but this succeeds in at least 2 of those 90% of the time.
Wire: I'm shocked because of the rave reviews, but this show got so boring for me after the first season. I think I was really gripped by the drug situation, and the other facets cannot hold my attention.
Chuck: I hope this stops being awfully edited. I'd watch a third (and final) season.
Reaper: I hope this stops being awfully simple. I'd watch a third (and final) season.
Dollhouse: Wow, this finally got interesting. Hope it isn't cancelled because of failure to do so earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment